The Ritchie Law Firm recently settled a truck accident case for $2.5 million. Plaintiff was driving a delivery truck eastbound on Route 50 in Loudoun County, Virginia, when the engine of his truck stopped and he lost all power, including power steering and brakes. Plaintiff managed to pull the truck to the side of the roadway, turned on his emergency flashers, and then waited for help. The rear of the delivery truck was struck by a flat-bed truck with such force that the sheet metal on the side of the delivery truck was peeled back. The force of the impact threw plaintiff forward and caused him to stumble out of control. Plaintiff’s body struck the console, his head struck the windshield, and he fell down steps toward a closed side door. Plaintiff suffered neurological symptoms which required surgery. This case resolved in mediation. The insurance company made no settlement offers before mediation.
- Rockingham and Augusta County Accidents Increase as State Opens Up May 19, 2020
- Virginia Workers’ Compensation and Coronavirus May 18, 2020
- Worker’s Compensation Video – Winchester Attorney May 6, 2020
- Nursing Home Requirements During COVID-19 April 28, 2020
- Coronavirus and Nursing Homes April 27, 2020