The Ritchie Law Firm recently settled a truck accident case for $2.5 million. Plaintiff was driving a delivery truck eastbound on Route 50 in Loudoun County, Virginia, when the engine of his truck stopped and he lost all power, including power steering and brakes. Plaintiff managed to pull the truck to the side of the roadway, turned on his emergency flashers, and then waited for help. The rear of the delivery truck was struck by a flat-bed truck with such force that the sheet metal on the side of the delivery truck was peeled back. The force of the impact threw plaintiff forward and caused him to stumble out of control. Plaintiff’s body struck the console, his head struck the windshield, and he fell down steps toward a closed side door. Plaintiff suffered neurological symptoms which required surgery. This case resolved in mediation. The insurance company made no settlement offers before mediation.
- Harrisonburg VA Car Accident Lawyer March 28, 2023
- My Car Was Totaled and I Wasn’t At Fault March 23, 2023
- Can I Change Jobs While on Workers’ Comp? March 15, 2023
- Settle Your Car Accident Claim March 8, 2023
- Accident in My Personal Vehicle on Company Time? February 28, 2023