The Ritchie Law Firm recently settled a truck accident case for $2.5 million. Plaintiff was driving a delivery truck eastbound on Route 50 in Loudoun County, Virginia, when the engine of his truck stopped and he lost all power, including power steering and brakes. Plaintiff managed to pull the truck to the side of the roadway, turned on his emergency flashers, and then waited for help. The rear of the delivery truck was struck by a flat-bed truck with such force that the sheet metal on the side of the delivery truck was peeled back. The force of the impact threw plaintiff forward and caused him to stumble out of control. Plaintiff’s body struck the console, his head struck the windshield, and he fell down steps toward a closed side door. Plaintiff suffered neurological symptoms which required surgery. This case resolved in mediation. The insurance company made no settlement offers before mediation.
- Navigating Icy Roads: Interstate 64/Afton Mountain Crash November 17, 2019
- How Do I Calculate Average Weekly Wage: Virginia Workers’ Compensation November 14, 2019
- Most Dangerous Roads in Frederick County November 6, 2019
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS) Red Tape October 29, 2019
- Do You Have Info On Harrisonburg Hit And Run? October 25, 2019