The Ritchie Law Firm recently settled a truck accident case for $2.5 million. Plaintiff was driving a delivery truck eastbound on Route 50 in Loudoun County, Virginia, when the engine of his truck stopped and he lost all power, including power steering and brakes. Plaintiff managed to pull the truck to the side of the roadway, turned on his emergency flashers, and then waited for help. The rear of the delivery truck was struck by a flat-bed truck with such force that the sheet metal on the side of the delivery truck was peeled back. The force of the impact threw plaintiff forward and caused him to stumble out of control. Plaintiff’s body struck the console, his head struck the windshield, and he fell down steps toward a closed side door. Plaintiff suffered neurological symptoms which required surgery. This case resolved in mediation. The insurance company made no settlement offers before mediation.
- What to do if a Commercial Vehicle Hits You May 26, 2022
- 2022 Virginia New Laws Update May 13, 2022
- Do Preexisting Conditions Affect a Car Accident Claim in Virginia? May 4, 2022
- What to do if You’re Hit by a Tractor Trailer April 19, 2022
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer April 8, 2022